ISSUES I WORK WITH
In my practice, I specialise in working with people who’ve experienced traumatic situations, including complex trauma (multiple, extreme or long-term trauma) and are dealing with the far-reaching after effects.
While only a minority of the population think they have experienced trauma, it’s actually something that impacts everyone, either directly or second or third hand. Trauma doesn’t just come from extreme events, it can also result from breaking your arm, having dental work, bullying, insecure attachment as a young child, and even birth and pre-birth experiences can be traumatic. This list is endless really because what causes trauma is very subjective.
Working with individuals, I work the following challenges:
- relationship problems
- loneliness and trouble connecting with others
- depression and sadness
- mood swings and flat moods
- heightened emotional reactions
- self-worth and confidence
- mean inner criticism
- major life transitions
- learning healthy boundaries in either (or both) relationships and work-wellness balance
- breaking unhealthy relationship patterns
- dissociation (experiences of leaving your own body, or the space around you looking/sounding unreal)
- flashbacks or disturbing memory issues
- spiritual crisis or disconnection
- disturbing or curious night time dreams
- body symptoms and chronic illness (in particular, exploring the psychological processes within symptoms)
- loss of identity/sense of self
- gender and sexual identity.
Therapy for Awareness Not Issues
Sometimes people come to therapy not because they have big issues they want help with, but because they want to increase their awareness and capacity to discern what’s right for them at a deeper level.
To help with this kind of goal, I work with:
- night time dreams
- Life Myth – the deep pattern of development that weaves its way through your whole life (and explains why you sometimes feel like you’re working on the same thing over and over in your life)
- the psychological processes encoded in peak experiences, major accidents, and chronic illness.
I’m not taking new relationship therapy clients but highly recommend relationship specialist Grzegorz Zielinski who has trained in the same modality as me.
If you are specifically looking for a relationship therapist who specialises in kink or poly relationships, I recommend Gavi Ansara.