TIMES, LOCATIONS AND ONLINE SESSIONS
In-person Sessions in Melbourne
In-person sessions are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays (first session at 11am and last at 6pm).
Sessions are at 5 Railway Place, Fairfield, a one-minute walk from the Fairfield train station. If coming by car, there is one- and two- hour on-street parking on Railway Place and the surrounding streets but they can be busy so plan for an extra five minutes to find a park just in case.
Psychotherapy Sessions Online
If you haven’t tried online sessions before, you can read about the pros and cons, as I see them, here (takes you to a page on another site of mine).
For online sessions, I use Zoom and I can accommodate most time zones within my working hours above. You can use this world meeting planner to work out time zone differences and find times that work for you (use Melbourne, Australia for my time zone).
What you’ll need for online sessions:
- a modern device (computer, tablet or phone) with either a built-in or external web camera (unless you are doing audio only sessions)
- around 800mb of internet usage
- a quick internet connection (4G on a phone or tablet usually works, 3G not so much)
- a headset/earphones with microphone – background noise and echoes can make sessions quite difficult so a headset is important. You can get good enough versions from around $20 or just use a mobile phone earphone/microphone accessory and see if that’s enough.
- Zoom software – you can download Zoom here (it’s free for you) or just wait until our first call when it will automatically download
- a quiet, private location with enough light.
Telephone and Email Contact
For scheduling sessions and all other administrative tasks including texts, phone calls etc, I work only in office hours. So if you text or email me outside of business hours, I will respond as soon as I can in business hours.
I don’t provide a crisis service as part of my practice. If you are in crisis, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 in Australia, or a local crisis call line in your country.